1) Anti-ultraviolet: polycarbonate panel is coated with anti-ultraviolet (UV) coating on one side, and anti-condensation treatment on the other side, which integrates anti-ultraviolet, heat insulation and anti-drip functions. It can block ultraviolet rays from passing through, and is suitable for protecting valuable artworks and exhibits from damage by ultraviolet rays.
2) Light weight: the specific gravity is only half of that of glass, saving the cost of transportation, handling, installation and supporting frame.
3) Flame-retardant: The national standard GB50222-95 confirms that the polycarbonate panel is flame-retardant grade one, that is, grade B1. The ignition point of the polycarbonate panel is 580 degrees Celsius, and it will self-extinguish after leaving the fire. It will not produce toxic gas during combustion and will not promote the spread of the fire.
4) Flexibility: According to the design drawing, cold bending method can be adopted on the construction site, and it can be installed into an arch, semi-circular roof and window. The minimum bending radius is 175 times the thickness of the adopted plate, and hot bending is also possible.
5) Sound insulation: The sound insulation effect of polycarbonate panel is obvious, and it has better sound insulation than glass and acrylic board of the same thickness. Under the same thickness, the sound insulation of polycarbonate panel is 3-4DB higher than that of glass. Internationally, it is the material of highway noise barriers.
6) Energy saving: keep cool in summer and keep warm in winter. polycarbonate panel has a lower thermal conductivity (K value) than ordinary glass and other plastics, and the heat insulation effect is 7%-25% higher than that of the same glass. The heat is up to 49%. Thus, the heat loss is greatly reduced. It is used in buildings with heating equipment and is an environmentally friendly material.
7) Temperature adaptability: polycarbonate panel will not be cold brittle at -100℃, and will not be softened at 135℃, and its mechanics and mechanical properties will not change significantly in harsh environments.